Why Choose Us
Patient Services & Information
You have a physician who oversees your health care, but you have a team of pathologists assisting in your care as well. If you have ever had a biopsy or a suspicious mole removed, or even a Pap smear, you have used pathology services. Pathologists work with your physician to evaluate and diagnose disease, and determine the best courses of treatment.
Now, more than ever, patients are empowered to play a more active role in their health care. As a patient, you always have a choice in where to send your pathology specimens. Pathologists can be certified in a number of subspecialties, and a quick, accurate, thorough diagnosis can affect your treatment plan. When it comes to your health, you need the very best team overseeing it. Ask your doctor where they send their pathology, and request that your health plan include Heartland Pathology as a preferred pathology provider.
Heartland Pathology is an Anatomic Pathology Laboratory with a highly skilled team of pathologists, histotechnologists and histotechnicians who work together to provide valuable information needed to:
- Determine the presence or absence of disease
- Evaluate the effectiveness of treatment
- Maintain your health
Patient Focused Goals:
It is our goal at Heartland Pathology to be patient focused through every step of evaluating and analyzing your specimens.
Some ways we strive to work with your health care in mind:
- Our pathologists are board certified and have additional expertise in the subspecialties of dermatopathology, breast pathology, cytopathology, hematopathology, and molecular pathology.
- Our pathologists are available 24 hours a day to examine surgical specimens which require immediate attention, often while the patient is still in the operating room.
- We aim to have a clear and accurate diagnosis of your specimen to your doctor within 24 to 48 hours.
- We are providers for all insurance carriers, including Medicare and Medicaid, and can work with your physician on a policy if you do not have health insurance.